In The Dock
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The following cases were held at North Somerset Courthouse near Weston-super-Mare from April 19 to May 4:
* Peter Chodera (66), of Spring Rise, Portishead. Drink-driving: Fined £1,000 and ordered to pay £570 costs and £100 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months.
* Craig Hand (33), of Brendon Road, Portishead. Assault: 12-month community order, requirement to carry out 100 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £200 compensation, £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
* James Marlborough (19), of Kenn Road, Clevedon. Possession of a class B drug with intent to supply: 12-month community order with three-month curfew, ordered to carry out 100 hours’ unpaid community work, and ordered to pay £620 costs plus £85 victim surcharge.
* Bradley Prosser (22), of Briary Road, Portishead. Assault: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 120 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £1,350 compensation, £620 costs and £85 victim surcharge. Driving without a licence: No separate penalty. Driving without insurance: Banned from driving for 56 days.
* Colin Comrie (49), of no fixed abode. Drink-driving: Fined £183 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 24 months.
* Dennis Mutyaba (32), of Stonebridge, Clevedon. Breach of restraining order: Six-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead