In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between March 16-30:
* Shane Stephens (19), of Bramley Copse, Long Ashton. Three counts of theft: Sent to prison for six weeks, and ordered to pay £262 compensation. Two counts of failure to surrender: Four weeks in prison (consecutive). Six counts of breach of suspended sentence: Eight weeks in prison (consecutive).
* Oscar Andrade (29), of Trendlewood Way, Nailsea. Possession of class B drug: Fined £60. Drug-driving: Fined £180 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months. Driving a vehicle with defective lights: Fined £60.
* Wayne Pearce (44), of Channel View Road, Portishead. Two counts of theft: One-year conditional discharge, ordered to pay £294.99 compensation.
* Christopher Mann (32), of Coombe Road, Nailsea. Assault: 12-month community order, ordered to pay £620 costs, £100 compensation plus £85 victim surcharge. Two counts of criminal damage: Fined £484 and ordered to pay £110 compensation.
You may also want to watch:
* Jason Bailey (28), of Hillside Road, Portishead. Driving while disqualified: Three-month community order with curfew, ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months. Failure to surrender: No separate penalty. Failure to attend assessment: No separate penalty.
* Paul Curtis (32), of Rock Avenue, Nailsea. Drink-driving: Fined £230 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 20 months.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
* Thomas Spriggs (23), of Ash Grove, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined £280 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 15 months.
* Sean Weeks (28), of Silver Street, Nailsea. Drug-driving: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 100 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 20 months.
* Theresa Feltham (39), of Cheviot Meadow, Portishead. Threatening behaviour: Two-year community order, ordered to pay £300 costs, £85 costs and £150 compensation.
* Lee Coppin (44), of Nore Park Drive, Portishead. Drink-driving: Eight weeks in prison suspended for 24 months, ordered to pay £300 compensation, and banned from driving for 48 months. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty.
* Benjamin Hopkins (27), of Westerleigh Road, Clevedon. Theft: 12-month community order, ordered to pay £129.99 compensation, £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
* Trevor Parker (47), of Rectory Close, Wraxall. Assault: 12-month community order, ordered to pay £625 costs plus £85 victim surcharge.
* Robert Ashford (33), of Bradford Close, Clevedon. Criminal damage: Fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs. Assault: Fined £120 plus £30 victim surcharge.