In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following court cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from January 23 to February 2:
* Ryan Smith (30), of Griffin Road, Clevedon. Assault: Fined £200 plus £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge. Criminal damage: Fined £200.
* Sarah Vickers (52), of no fixed abode. Two counts of assaulting a police officer: 12-month community order, ordered to pay £85 compensation.
* Charlotte Acton (27), of Old Street, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined £130 plus £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months.
* Billy Calder (30), of Homeground, Clevedon. Possession of class A drug: Fined £400 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £40 victim surcharge.
* Stephen Chadwick (44), of Bank Place, Pill. Burglary: 26 weeks in prison suspended for 18 months, ordered to pay £250 compensation plus £115 victim surcharge.
* Mark Hunter (50), of Wrington Road, Congresbury. Drink-driving: Fined £255 and ordered to pay £85 plus £30 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with 10 penalty points.
- 1 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 2 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 3 LETTER: 'Has our council become a dictatorship?'
- 4 Clevedon SC secure second place in the Cotswold League Final
- 5 Winners of Clevedon artist of the year announced
- 6 Specialist pre-school in Clevedon rated 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 7 'Rundown' school play area given major refurb after campaign fundraises £10,000
- 8 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 9 Clifton music festival returns after Covid hiatus
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
* Adrian Walker (54), of Trinity Court, Nailsea. Harassment: Sent to prison for 12 weeks, two-year restraining order, ordered to pay £115 victim surcharge. Breach of suspended sentence: 12 weeks in prison (consecutive).