In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between May 3-17:
* Ryan Gill (aged 25), of Brooking Meadow, Nailsea. Possession of class B drug: 14-month community order with two-month curfew, ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge. Possession of class A drug: No separate penalty.
* Kenneth Hedges (49), of Hill Park, Congresbury. Assault: Four months in prison suspended for two years, ordered to pay £85 costs and £80 victim surcharge.
* Michael Pickles (36), of Phoenix Way, Portishead. Two counts of theft: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 60 hours’ unpaid community work, fined £40 and ordered to pay £36 compensation plus £60 victim surcharge. Two counts of threatening behaviour: Indefinite restraining order, fined £80 and ordered to pay £100 compensation. Failure to surrender: Fined £50.
* Luke Gudge (29), of Queens Avenue, Portishead. Eight counts of theft: 12-month community order with eight-week curfew, ordered to pay £85 costs and £63 compensation.
You may also want to watch:
* George Montgomery (51), of Stowey Road, Yatton. Obstruction of Environment Agency: Fined £1,050 plus £7,584.70 costs and £105 surcharge.
* Carla Ashe (26), of Link House, Portishead. Theft: 12-month community order with nine-week curfew, ordered to pay £150 compensation plus £60 victim surcharge. Assaulting a police officer: No separate penalty. Two counts of failing to surrender: No separate penalty.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 6 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 7 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
* Kevin Morgan (55), of Underwood Road, Portishead. Assault: 12 weeks in prison suspended for 12 months, 12-month restraining order, ordered to pay £620 costs and £80 victim surcharge.
* Louisha Kovacs-Stanbridge (22), of Mendip Road, Portishead. Theft: Two-year conditional discharge, ordered to pay £130 compensation, £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
* Benjamin Rees (27), of Underwood Road, Portishead. Drink-driving: Fined £460 plus £85 costs and £46 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months.