In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between January 4-27:
n Stephen Allen (63), of High Street, Portishead. Assault: 12-month conditional discharge, and ordered to pay £200 compensation, £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
n Gregor McWilliam (30) The Oaks, Nailsea. Five counts of assault: 18 weeks in prison suspended for 12 months, ordered to pay £80 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
n Gavin Lee (36), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Driving without due care and attention: Fined £440 plus £85 costs and £44 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with five penalty points.
n Michael Fennah (46), of Newfoundland Road, Portishead. Drink-driving: Sent to prison for five months, ordered to pay £80 victim surcharge, and banned from driving for three years. Driving while disqualified: Sent to prison for five months (concurrent).
n Sean Lawton (27), of Wareham Close, Nailsea. Breach of restraining order: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 60 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
n James Dixey (37), of Cross Lanes, Pill. Two counts of theft: Three-month community order with curfew, ordered to pay £134.35 compensation plus £60 victim surcharge and £285 costs. Breach of community order: No separate penalty. Failure to attend drug assessment: Ordered to pay £85 costs.
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Village to host first ever season of live events