In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between May 19 and July 6:
* Luke Golding (21), of Briary Road, Portishead. Drink-driving: Fined £127 and ordered to pay £300 compensation plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge, and banned from driving for 16 months. Driving without a licence: Fined £55. Driving without insurance: Fined £127.
* Patrick Golledge (23), of Argentia Place, Portishead. Assault: 12 weeks in prison suspended for two years, four-month curfew, ordered to pay £600 compensation plus £85 costs and £80 victim surcharge.
* Adam Gamester (19), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Two counts of threatening behaviour: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 150 hours’ unpaid community work, 12-month restraining order, and ordered to pay £75 compensation, £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
* Martyn Bush (34), of Lapwing Close, Portishead. Four counts of theft: Fined £225 and ordered to pay £241 compensation, £23 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
* Samuel Leigh (21), of Caswell Lane, Clapton-in-Gordano. Drink-driving: Fined £240 and ordered to pay £24 victim surcharge, £85 costs and £150 court charge, banned from driving for 18 months.
* Steven Lyons (57), of Hardwick Road, Pill. Theft: 12-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £85 costs and £150 court charge.
- 1 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 2 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 3 Nightclub conversion approved
- 4 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 5 Council adopts Portbury Wharf Nature Reserve
- 6 Doctors surgery to get revamp
- 7 Council begins first phase in footpath improvements
- 8 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 9 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 10 New Clevedon shop opens in The Triangle
* Lauren Jones (19), of Deer Mead, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined £450 and ordered to pay £45 victim surcharge plus £620 costs, banned from driving for 14 months.
* James Dixey (37), of Cross Lanes, Pill. Two counts of theft: Two-year conditional discharge, ordered to pay £31.45 compensation plus £85 costs.
* Steven Bosley (33), of Kenn Moor Drive, Clevedon. Assault: Fined £440 and ordered to pay £100 compensation, plus £44 victim surcharge, £85 costs and £150 court charge.
* Michael Cooper (61), of Argentia Place, Portishead. Driving without due care and attention: Fined £300 plus £30 victim surcharge, £85 costs and £150 court charge. Failure to stop after an accident: 16 weeks in prison suspended for 24 months, licence endorsed with 10 penalty points.
* Joseph Atherton (30), of Westbourne Crescent, Clevedon. Assault: 12-month community order, ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
* John Evans (33), of Jesmond Road, Clevedon. Stalking: 12-month community order with five-year restraining order, ordered to pay £60 victim surcharge plus £85 costs.
* Nina Perry (42), of Southlands Way, Congresbury. Drink-driving: Fined £110 and ordered to pay £20 victim surcharge, £85 costs and £150 court charge, banned from driving for 16 months.