In the dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between January 5-30:
Luke Gudge (27), of Queens Road, Portishead. Breach of restraining order: Sent to prison for 16 weeks. Attempted criminal damage: No separate penalty.
Richard Carsley (56), of Forth Avenue, Portishead. Harassment: 12-month restraining order, fined £300 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
Jordan Bowers (19), of Hillview, Clevedon. Two counts of theft: Four weeks in prison suspended for 12 months, four-week curfew, ordered to pay £85 costs and £80 victim surcharge. Attempted theft: No separate penalty. Assaulting a police officer: Ordered to pay £50 compensation.
Aaron Hardiman (30), of Forth Avenue, Portishead. Theft: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 120 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £193 compensation, £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
Lionel Wall (42), of Mantle Close, Clevedon. Two counts of harassment: Four-month community order with curfew, two-year restraining order, ordered to pay £170 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
Lynette White (55), of Meadow Close, Nailsea. Theft: Fined £200 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 10 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
Paul Knight (38), of Halletts Way, Portishead. Dangerous driving: 26 weeks in prison suspended for 12 months, ordered to carry out 150 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £620 costs and £80 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 15 months. Assault: 12 weeks in prison (concurrent) suspended for 12 months, ordered to pay £100 compensation. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty. Driving without a licence: No separate penalty. Failure to surrender: One week in prison (concurrent) suspended for 12 months.
Thomas Quinn (54), of Broadcroft Avenue, Claverham. Criminal damage: 12-month community order, one-month restraining order, ordered to pay £50 compensation, £140 costs and £10 victim surcharge. Two counts of threatening behaviour: No separate penalty.
Matthew Rogers (44), of Morgan Place, Flax Bourton. Assault: Fined £165 and ordered to pay £620 costs and £20 victim surcharge.