In the dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between January 5-30:
Luke Gudge (27), of Queens Road, Portishead. Breach of restraining order: Sent to prison for 16 weeks. Attempted criminal damage: No separate penalty.
Richard Carsley (56), of Forth Avenue, Portishead. Harassment: 12-month restraining order, fined £300 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
Jordan Bowers (19), of Hillview, Clevedon. Two counts of theft: Four weeks in prison suspended for 12 months, four-week curfew, ordered to pay £85 costs and £80 victim surcharge. Attempted theft: No separate penalty. Assaulting a police officer: Ordered to pay £50 compensation.
Aaron Hardiman (30), of Forth Avenue, Portishead. Theft: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 120 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £193 compensation, £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
Lionel Wall (42), of Mantle Close, Clevedon. Two counts of harassment: Four-month community order with curfew, two-year restraining order, ordered to pay £170 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
Lynette White (55), of Meadow Close, Nailsea. Theft: Fined £200 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
- 1 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 2 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 3 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 4 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 5 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 6 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
Paul Knight (38), of Halletts Way, Portishead. Dangerous driving: 26 weeks in prison suspended for 12 months, ordered to carry out 150 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £620 costs and £80 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 15 months. Assault: 12 weeks in prison (concurrent) suspended for 12 months, ordered to pay £100 compensation. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty. Driving without a licence: No separate penalty. Failure to surrender: One week in prison (concurrent) suspended for 12 months.
Thomas Quinn (54), of Broadcroft Avenue, Claverham. Criminal damage: 12-month community order, one-month restraining order, ordered to pay £50 compensation, £140 costs and £10 victim surcharge. Two counts of threatening behaviour: No separate penalty.
Matthew Rogers (44), of Morgan Place, Flax Bourton. Assault: Fined £165 and ordered to pay £620 costs and £20 victim surcharge.