In the dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between November 28 and January 2:
Michael McCoy (72), of Down Road, Portishead. Assault: One-year conditional discharge, indefinite restraining order, ordered to pay £40 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
Adrian Payne (34), of Old Street, Clevedon. Failure to provide a breath specimen: Fined £300 and ordered to pay £300 costs and £30 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 16 months. Driving without insurance: Fined £250.
Matthew Lynch (34), of Forth Avenue, Portishead. Assault: Fined £400 plus £175 costs and £40 victim surcharge. Criminal damage: Fined £70. Threatening behaviour: Fined £70.
Jordan Moore (29), of Bay Tree Road, Clevedon. Assault: Fined £85 plus £85 costs and £20. Criminal damage: Fined £85.
David Button (27), of Valleyway, Nailsea. Theft: Four-week community order with curfew, ordered to pay £1,750 compensation plus £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
Hannah Nicholls (21), of Tone Road, Clevedon. Driving while unfit through drugs: Fined £390 and ordered to pay £620 costs and £39 victim surcharge.
- 1 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 2 Clevedonian wins competition to name new housing development
- 3 Specialist pre-school in Clevedon rated 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 4 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 7 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 8 North Somerset Tennis Academy announce new Tennis 4 Kids course
- 9 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 10 Parental support charity receives lottery funding boost
Dean Mockridge (42), of Garstons Orchard, Wrington. Five counts of fraud: Four months in prison suspended for 24 months, four-month curfew. Taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent: Ordered to pay £300 costs and £80 victim surcharge. Driving without insurance: Fined £385.
Luke Churchill (26), of Butterfield Park, Clevedon. Assault: Two-year community order, ordered to pay £50 compensation, £400 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
Daniel Nethercott (28), of Stowey Road, Yatton. Drink-driving: Fined £400 plus £85 costs and £40 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 14 months.
Luke O’Brien (24), of Westbourne Crescent, Clevedon. Assault: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 50 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £85 costs, £75 compensation and £60 victim surcharge.