In the dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between January 20 and February 7:
* Jeffrey Webber (21), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Theft: Fined £75 and ordered to pay £20 compensation and £20 victim surcharge. Produced a class B drug: Fined £75.
* Fiona Gibson (41), of Hawthorn Crescent, Yatton. Drink-driving: Ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge, banned from driving for three years.
* Robert Youde (20), of Venus Street, Congresbury. Drink-driving: Fined £73 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge, banned from driving for four months.
* Darren Norcott (35), of Cricketfield Green, Nailsea. Going equipped for theft: Two-month community order with curfew, ordered to pay £200 costs and £60 victim surcharge. Attempted theft: Ordered to pay £20 compensation.
* Katy Saunders (28), of Deer Mead, Clevedon. Two counts of fraud: Two-year conditional discharge, ordered to pay £7,251.40 compensation.
* Ian Marshall (50), of Church Lane, Backwell. Harassment: 12-month conditional discharge, one-year restraining order, ordered to pay £275 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 5 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 6 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
* Paul Wingrove (32), of Waverley Road, Backwell. Theft: Three months in prison suspended for nine months, ordered to pay £90 compensation, £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
* Richard Starr (48), of Police Houses, Flax Bourton. Failure to provide a breath specimen: Ordered to pay £300 costs and £60 victim surcharge, and banned from driving for 36 months.