In the Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between March 4-21:
* Sebastian Bartlett (20), of Station Road, Flax Bourton. Driving without due care and attention: Fined £185 and ordered to pay £35 costs and £47 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with six penalty points. Driving vehicle with insufficient tread on tyres: Fined £290.
* Paul Abrahams (35), of Trinity Road, Nailsea. Drink-driving: 12-month community order with three-month curfew, ordered to carry out 120 hours’ unpaid community work and pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 36 months.
* Teresa Knight (41), of Waverley Road, Backwell. Drink-driving: Fined £260 plus £85 costs and £26 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 20 months.
* Michael Scrivens (40), of Brittan Close, Portbury. Possession of class A drug: Fined £110 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Thomas Vaughan (28), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Possession of class B drug: Fined £135 plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
* Richard Ford (44), of Woodland Road, Nailsea. Drink-driving: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 100 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 24 months. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty. Driving without MoT: No separate penalty.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
* Matthew Laing (42), of Griffin Road, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined £700 plus £85 costs and £75 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 17 months.
* Leigh Giles (27), of Parnell Road, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined £360 plus £620 costs and £36 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 20 months.
* Thomas Bowyer (18), of Seymour Close, Clevedon. Breach of restraining order: 12-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.