In the Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between March 4-21:
* Sebastian Bartlett (20), of Station Road, Flax Bourton. Driving without due care and attention: Fined £185 and ordered to pay £35 costs and £47 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with six penalty points. Driving vehicle with insufficient tread on tyres: Fined £290.
* Paul Abrahams (35), of Trinity Road, Nailsea. Drink-driving: 12-month community order with three-month curfew, ordered to carry out 120 hours’ unpaid community work and pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 36 months.
* Teresa Knight (41), of Waverley Road, Backwell. Drink-driving: Fined £260 plus £85 costs and £26 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 20 months.
* Michael Scrivens (40), of Brittan Close, Portbury. Possession of class A drug: Fined £110 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Thomas Vaughan (28), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Possession of class B drug: Fined £135 plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
* Richard Ford (44), of Woodland Road, Nailsea. Drink-driving: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 100 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 24 months. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty. Driving without MoT: No separate penalty.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 4 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 5 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 6 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 7 Further delays for rail project
- 8 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 9 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 10 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
* Matthew Laing (42), of Griffin Road, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined £700 plus £85 costs and £75 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 17 months.
* Leigh Giles (27), of Parnell Road, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined £360 plus £620 costs and £36 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 20 months.
* Thomas Bowyer (18), of Seymour Close, Clevedon. Breach of restraining order: 12-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.