In the dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between September 17 to October 5:
* James Kew (21), of Rhodyate Lane, Cleeve. Theft: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 80 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �210 compensation plus �85 costs.
* Christopher Traynor (41), of Princes Road, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined �160 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 14 months.
* Gary Willcox (46), of Bristol Road, Portishead. Two counts of breaching restraining order: Eight weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, ordered to carry out 50 hours’ unpaid community work. Criminal damage: Ordered to pay �270 compensation.
* Nigel Brown (53), of Leighwood Drive, Nailsea. Assault: Fined �120 plus �620 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Tarique Bown (18), of Stowey Road, Yatton. Criminal damage: 18-month conditional discharge. Assault: No separate penalty.
* Alex Harris (19), of Kennaway Road, Clevedon. Fraud: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 170 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �556 compensation plus �85 costs.
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 3 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
* Sean McConnell (30), of North Street, Nailsea. Threatening behaviour: One day’s detention, ordered to pay �85 costs.
* Thomas Vaughan (28), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Possession of class B drug: Fined �73. Driving without insurance: Fined �110 and banned from driving for six months. Driving without a licence: Fined �37 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge. Failure to surrender: Fined �37.
* Katharine Francis (40), of Cheviot Meadow, Portishead. Driving while unfit through drugs: Fined �110 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months.
* Ryan Crabb (23), of Laurel Gardens, Yatton. Drink-driving: Fined �120 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months.