In the dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between September 17 to October 5:
* James Kew (21), of Rhodyate Lane, Cleeve. Theft: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 80 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �210 compensation plus �85 costs.
* Christopher Traynor (41), of Princes Road, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined �160 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 14 months.
* Gary Willcox (46), of Bristol Road, Portishead. Two counts of breaching restraining order: Eight weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, ordered to carry out 50 hours’ unpaid community work. Criminal damage: Ordered to pay �270 compensation.
* Nigel Brown (53), of Leighwood Drive, Nailsea. Assault: Fined �120 plus �620 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Tarique Bown (18), of Stowey Road, Yatton. Criminal damage: 18-month conditional discharge. Assault: No separate penalty.
* Alex Harris (19), of Kennaway Road, Clevedon. Fraud: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 170 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �556 compensation plus �85 costs.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
* Sean McConnell (30), of North Street, Nailsea. Threatening behaviour: One day’s detention, ordered to pay �85 costs.
* Thomas Vaughan (28), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Possession of class B drug: Fined �73. Driving without insurance: Fined �110 and banned from driving for six months. Driving without a licence: Fined �37 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge. Failure to surrender: Fined �37.
* Katharine Francis (40), of Cheviot Meadow, Portishead. Driving while unfit through drugs: Fined �110 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months.
* Ryan Crabb (23), of Laurel Gardens, Yatton. Drink-driving: Fined �120 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months.