In the dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between September 17 to October 5:
* James Kew (21), of Rhodyate Lane, Cleeve. Theft: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 80 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �210 compensation plus �85 costs.
* Christopher Traynor (41), of Princes Road, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined �160 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 14 months.
* Gary Willcox (46), of Bristol Road, Portishead. Two counts of breaching restraining order: Eight weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, ordered to carry out 50 hours’ unpaid community work. Criminal damage: Ordered to pay �270 compensation.
* Nigel Brown (53), of Leighwood Drive, Nailsea. Assault: Fined �120 plus �620 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Tarique Bown (18), of Stowey Road, Yatton. Criminal damage: 18-month conditional discharge. Assault: No separate penalty.
* Alex Harris (19), of Kennaway Road, Clevedon. Fraud: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 170 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �556 compensation plus �85 costs.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 4 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 5 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 9 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
* Sean McConnell (30), of North Street, Nailsea. Threatening behaviour: One day’s detention, ordered to pay �85 costs.
* Thomas Vaughan (28), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Possession of class B drug: Fined �73. Driving without insurance: Fined �110 and banned from driving for six months. Driving without a licence: Fined �37 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge. Failure to surrender: Fined �37.
* Katharine Francis (40), of Cheviot Meadow, Portishead. Driving while unfit through drugs: Fined �110 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months.
* Ryan Crabb (23), of Laurel Gardens, Yatton. Drink-driving: Fined �120 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months.