In the dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between July 2-20:
* Nigel Lang (45), of Crown House, Nailsea. Allowing a dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place: Fined �165, ordered to pay �181 compensation plus �119 costs.
* Alan Palmer (41), of Woodview Drive, Cleeve. Criminal damage: 18-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay �56 compensation plus �85 costs.
* Harrison Macgillivray (22), of Hollis Avenue, Portishead. Possession of class A drug: One month in prison, suspended for 12 months, ordered to obey 16-week curfew. Possession of class B drug: No separate penalty.
* William Thomas (47), of Long Acre, Clevedon. Failure to provide a breath specimen: Fined �150 plus �350 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 24 months.
* David McGalvary (50), of Channel View Crescent, Portishead. Drink-driving: Nine weeks in prison suspended for 24 months, ordered to carry out 180 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �85 costs and banned from driving for 40 months.
* Benjamin Sanford (25), of Southlands Way, Congresbury. Possession of a class B drug: Fined �37, ordered to pay �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
* Batbold Ravdandorj (29), of Moorfield Road, Backwell. Driving without due care and attention: Fined �160 plus �35 costs and �15 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with five penalty points.