In the dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between July 2-20:
* Nigel Lang (45), of Crown House, Nailsea. Allowing a dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place: Fined �165, ordered to pay �181 compensation plus �119 costs.
* Alan Palmer (41), of Woodview Drive, Cleeve. Criminal damage: 18-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay �56 compensation plus �85 costs.
* Harrison Macgillivray (22), of Hollis Avenue, Portishead. Possession of class A drug: One month in prison, suspended for 12 months, ordered to obey 16-week curfew. Possession of class B drug: No separate penalty.
* William Thomas (47), of Long Acre, Clevedon. Failure to provide a breath specimen: Fined �150 plus �350 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 24 months.
You may also want to watch:
* David McGalvary (50), of Channel View Crescent, Portishead. Drink-driving: Nine weeks in prison suspended for 24 months, ordered to carry out 180 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �85 costs and banned from driving for 40 months.
* Benjamin Sanford (25), of Southlands Way, Congresbury. Possession of a class B drug: Fined �37, ordered to pay �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
* Batbold Ravdandorj (29), of Moorfield Road, Backwell. Driving without due care and attention: Fined �160 plus �35 costs and �15 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with five penalty points.