In The Dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between January 24 and February 3:
n David Cooper (54), of Finisterre Parade, Portishead. Drink-driving: Fined �545 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months.
n Craig Roberts (28), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Breach of restraining order: Sent to prison for two months. Assault: Sent to prison for two weeks (consecutive). Two counts of breach of suspended sentence: Sent to prison for three months (consecutive).
n Bradley Gibson (19), of Valleyway Road, Nailsea. Drink-driving: Fined �100 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for three years. Driving without a licence: Fined �35. Driving without insurance: Fined �100.
n Aimee Walker (24), of Lockside, Portishead. Drink-driving: Fined �100 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months. Driving without insurance: Fined �50. Driving without a licence: No separate penalty. Driving a vehicle knowing it has been taken without the owner’s consent: Fined �65.
You may also want to watch:
n Shaun Tucker (25), of The Orchards, Pill. Assault: One-year community order, ordered to pay �85 costs. Failure to surrender: No separate penalty.
n Paul Wingrove (30), of Waverley Road, Backwell. Six-month community order with 12-week curfew, ordered to pay �85 costs.
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 5 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 6 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 10 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
n Paul Clark (43), of Forester Road, Portishead. Driving without due care and attention: Three-month community order with 10-week curfew, fined �300 plus �200 costs and �15 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with five penalty points. Assault: Ordered to pay �100 compensation.