In the Dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between November 28-December 9:
* Peter Carr (40), of Leeside, Portishead. Drink-driving: Fined �1,000 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 24 months.
* Alistair Dermit (45), of Frost Hill, Congresbury. Drink-driving: Fined �685 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months.
* Phoebe Richards (19), of Walton Bay, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined �50 plus �85 costs and banned from driving for 12 months. Driving without insurance: Fined �50 plus �15 victim surcharge and banned from driving for three months.
* Matthew Verrell (39), of Moor Park, Clevedon. Criminal damage: 12-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay �85 costs.
You may also want to watch:
* Chanel Smith (18), of Wrington Mead, Congresbury. Drink-driving: Fined �230 plus �625 costs and �15 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with 10 penalty points.
* Bertrand Mathieu (43), of Malin Parade, Portishead. Assault: Sent to prison for two weeks. Assaulting a police officer: Sent to prison for two weeks (concurrent). Two counts of breach of suspended sentence: Sent to prison for six weeks (consecutive).
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 9 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
* Neil Grigolo (49), of Hillview Avenue, Clevedon. Possession of class A drug; Fined �200, plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
* Kevin Tulip (45), of Stowey Road, Yatton. Drink-driving: Two-month community order with six-week curfew, ordered to pay �85 costs and banned from driving for 24 months. Driving without a licence: No separate penalty. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty.
* Anthony Harris (44), of Southlands Way, Congresbury. Criminal damage: One-year conditional discharge, ordered to pay �100 compensation.
* Simon Jefferies (40), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Assault: Six-month community order, ordered to pay �100 compensation.
* Daniel Bull (34), of Summer House, Tickenham. Assault: Eight-month community order, ordered to pay �85 costs.