In the Dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between November 28-December 9:
* Peter Carr (40), of Leeside, Portishead. Drink-driving: Fined �1,000 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 24 months.
* Alistair Dermit (45), of Frost Hill, Congresbury. Drink-driving: Fined �685 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months.
* Phoebe Richards (19), of Walton Bay, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined �50 plus �85 costs and banned from driving for 12 months. Driving without insurance: Fined �50 plus �15 victim surcharge and banned from driving for three months.
* Matthew Verrell (39), of Moor Park, Clevedon. Criminal damage: 12-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay �85 costs.
You may also want to watch:
* Chanel Smith (18), of Wrington Mead, Congresbury. Drink-driving: Fined �230 plus �625 costs and �15 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with 10 penalty points.
* Bertrand Mathieu (43), of Malin Parade, Portishead. Assault: Sent to prison for two weeks. Assaulting a police officer: Sent to prison for two weeks (concurrent). Two counts of breach of suspended sentence: Sent to prison for six weeks (consecutive).
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
* Neil Grigolo (49), of Hillview Avenue, Clevedon. Possession of class A drug; Fined �200, plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
* Kevin Tulip (45), of Stowey Road, Yatton. Drink-driving: Two-month community order with six-week curfew, ordered to pay �85 costs and banned from driving for 24 months. Driving without a licence: No separate penalty. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty.
* Anthony Harris (44), of Southlands Way, Congresbury. Criminal damage: One-year conditional discharge, ordered to pay �100 compensation.
* Simon Jefferies (40), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Assault: Six-month community order, ordered to pay �100 compensation.
* Daniel Bull (34), of Summer House, Tickenham. Assault: Eight-month community order, ordered to pay �85 costs.