In the dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between May 27 and July 18:
* Thomas Ball (20), of Lower Down Road, Portishead. Possession of class A drug: Fined �350 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge. Possession of class B drug: No separate penalty.
* Scott Macdonald (32), of Old Street, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Six-month community order with eight-week curfew, banned from driving for 24 months. Driving without insurance: Fined �260 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
* Stewart Homer (30), of West Hill, Portishead. Drink-driving: 16 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, ordered to pay �300 compensation and banned from driving for five years. Driving without a licence: No separate penalty. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty. Driving without an MoT certificate: No separate penalty.
* David Randall (41), of Fosseway, Nailsea. Two counts of criminal damage: 12-month community order, ordered to pay �200 compensation.
You may also want to watch:
* Michael Richards (22), of Old Street, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined �100 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months.
* Christopher Savage (35), of Westway, Nailsea. Drink-driving: Three-month community order with eight-week curfew, ordered to pay �85 costs and banned from driving for two months. Failure to stop at scene of accident: No separate penalty. Failure to report accident: No separate penalty.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 4 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 5 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 10 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
* Joshua Brennan-Newell (19), of Moor Park, Clevedon. Harassment: 12-month conditional discharge, one-year restraining order.
* Kandiah Mohanakumaran (46), of Kenn Moor Road, Clevedon. Selling tobacco to a person aged under 18: Fined �2,000, ordered to pay �1,500 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
* Adrian Webb (42), of Vynes Way, Nailsea. Drink-driving: Fined �290 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 20 months.
* Jonathan Thorne (21), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Criminal damage: Fined �65. Possession of a knife in a public place: One-year restraining order, fined �100 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
* Ian Pletts (29), of Church Lane, Backwell. Drink-driving: Fined �350 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for three years.
* Ludmila Ivanova (26), of High View, Portishead. Two counts of theft: 24-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay �85 costs.