In the dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between May 27 and July 18:
* Thomas Ball (20), of Lower Down Road, Portishead. Possession of class A drug: Fined �350 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge. Possession of class B drug: No separate penalty.
* Scott Macdonald (32), of Old Street, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Six-month community order with eight-week curfew, banned from driving for 24 months. Driving without insurance: Fined �260 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
* Stewart Homer (30), of West Hill, Portishead. Drink-driving: 16 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, ordered to pay �300 compensation and banned from driving for five years. Driving without a licence: No separate penalty. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty. Driving without an MoT certificate: No separate penalty.
* David Randall (41), of Fosseway, Nailsea. Two counts of criminal damage: 12-month community order, ordered to pay �200 compensation.
* Michael Richards (22), of Old Street, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined �100 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months.
* Christopher Savage (35), of Westway, Nailsea. Drink-driving: Three-month community order with eight-week curfew, ordered to pay �85 costs and banned from driving for two months. Failure to stop at scene of accident: No separate penalty. Failure to report accident: No separate penalty.
- 1 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 6 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 7 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Doctors surgery to get revamp
* Joshua Brennan-Newell (19), of Moor Park, Clevedon. Harassment: 12-month conditional discharge, one-year restraining order.
* Kandiah Mohanakumaran (46), of Kenn Moor Road, Clevedon. Selling tobacco to a person aged under 18: Fined �2,000, ordered to pay �1,500 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
* Adrian Webb (42), of Vynes Way, Nailsea. Drink-driving: Fined �290 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 20 months.
* Jonathan Thorne (21), of Churchill Avenue, Clevedon. Criminal damage: Fined �65. Possession of a knife in a public place: One-year restraining order, fined �100 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
* Ian Pletts (29), of Church Lane, Backwell. Drink-driving: Fined �350 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for three years.
* Ludmila Ivanova (26), of High View, Portishead. Two counts of theft: 24-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay �85 costs.