Doctor faces Clevedon Hospital sexual assault charge
- Credit: Archant
A GP has appeared in court, accused of sexually assaulting a patient at Clevedon Hospital.
Dr Steven Pearse-Danker went before magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges on April 14, to face one charge relating to when he was working at the hospital in Old Street on August 2.
Gareth Giddings, prosecuting, said the alleged victim was 22 years old at the time of the offence. She cannot be named because she is entitled to anonymity by law.
Mr Giddings said the incident allegedly happened while the doctor was examining the female patient.
Pearse-Danker, of Hawthorn Hill in Worle, did not enter a plea.
You may also want to watch:
The 59-year-old used to be a partner at Worle Medical Practice before moving on to work at Locking Castle Medical Centre.
Pearse-Danker, who was granted unconditional bail, will appear at Bristol Crown Court on May 5.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships