Doctor faces Clevedon Hospital sexual assault charge
- Credit: Archant
A GP has appeared in court, accused of sexually assaulting a patient at Clevedon Hospital.
Dr Steven Pearse-Danker went before magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges on April 14, to face one charge relating to when he was working at the hospital in Old Street on August 2.
Gareth Giddings, prosecuting, said the alleged victim was 22 years old at the time of the offence. She cannot be named because she is entitled to anonymity by law.
Mr Giddings said the incident allegedly happened while the doctor was examining the female patient.
Pearse-Danker, of Hawthorn Hill in Worle, did not enter a plea.
You may also want to watch:
The 59-year-old used to be a partner at Worle Medical Practice before moving on to work at Locking Castle Medical Centre.
Pearse-Danker, who was granted unconditional bail, will appear at Bristol Crown Court on May 5.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset