Doctor faces Clevedon Hospital sexual assault charge
- Credit: Archant
A GP has appeared in court, accused of sexually assaulting a patient at Clevedon Hospital.
Dr Steven Pearse-Danker went before magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges on April 14, to face one charge relating to when he was working at the hospital in Old Street on August 2.
Gareth Giddings, prosecuting, said the alleged victim was 22 years old at the time of the offence. She cannot be named because she is entitled to anonymity by law.
Mr Giddings said the incident allegedly happened while the doctor was examining the female patient.
Pearse-Danker, of Hawthorn Hill in Worle, did not enter a plea.
You may also want to watch:
The 59-year-old used to be a partner at Worle Medical Practice before moving on to work at Locking Castle Medical Centre.
Pearse-Danker, who was granted unconditional bail, will appear at Bristol Crown Court on May 5.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
- 10 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns