Doctor faces Clevedon Hospital sexual assault charge
- Credit: Archant
A GP has appeared in court, accused of sexually assaulting a patient at Clevedon Hospital.
Dr Steven Pearse-Danker went before magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges on April 14, to face one charge relating to when he was working at the hospital in Old Street on August 2.
Gareth Giddings, prosecuting, said the alleged victim was 22 years old at the time of the offence. She cannot be named because she is entitled to anonymity by law.
Mr Giddings said the incident allegedly happened while the doctor was examining the female patient.
Pearse-Danker, of Hawthorn Hill in Worle, did not enter a plea.
You may also want to watch:
The 59-year-old used to be a partner at Worle Medical Practice before moving on to work at Locking Castle Medical Centre.
Pearse-Danker, who was granted unconditional bail, will appear at Bristol Crown Court on May 5.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront