In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from December 3-18:
* Martyn Stewart, Rodney Road, Backwell (46). Breach restraining order: 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £40 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
* Matthew Lloyd-Jones, Hazell Close, Clevedon (30). Sexual touching of girl aged older than 13 when she did not consent: four-month suspended prison sentence, added to sexual offences register for seven years and ordered to pay £500 compensation, £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge.
* Felicity Graham, Chapel Lane, Claverham (54). Two counts of owning a dog out of control: dog to be destroyed and ordered to pay £500 compensation
* Daniel Pepworth, Well Park, Congresbury (29). Assault and criminal damage: community order, restraining order and ordered to pay £150 compensation, £300 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Samuel Parker, North Street, Nailsea (23). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 16 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge. Driving without valid insurance, valid MOT and valid licence: no separate penalty. Possession of offensive weapon in public place: community order.
* Lisa Wilson, Briary Road, Portishead (26). Two counts of assaulting a police officer: eight-week suspended prison sentence. Possession of offensive weapon in public place: 16-week suspended prison sentence (consecutive). Possession of class B drug: no separate penalty.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Special school expansion progress
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
* Deborah Lee, Old Church Road, Clevedon (54). Assault: 12-month conditional discharge.