In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from July 5-18.
* Helen Bidwell-Ford, Kent Road, Congresbury (52). Speeding: three penalty points, fined £222 and ordered to pay £85 cost and £30 victim surcharge.
* Andrew Coleman, no fixed abode, (40). Theft: 16-week prison sentence and ordered to pay £56.45 compensation.
* Michael Field, Beaconsfield Road, Clevedon, (48). Failure to disclose identity of driver: six penalty points, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Jason Fitzpatrick, Underbanks, Pill (31). Driving without due care: three penalty points, fined £135 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Anne Parker, Rectory Close, Wraxall (47): drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 20 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Joshua Parish-Farthing, Brendon Road, Portishead (19). Assault: conditional discharge.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 6 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell RFC maintain perfect start with Bristol Imperial win