IN The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from November 5-14.
* Dean Tilley, Mendip Road, Yatton (44). Five counts of theft and one count of harassment: 20-week prison sentence and ordered to pay £115 victim surcharge.
* Brendon Smith, Kennaway Road, Clevedon (37). Theft: 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £57 compensation.
* Philip Collins, Lower Burlington Road, Portishead (26). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 24 months. Dangerous driving: six-month suspended prison sentence and ordered to pay £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge.
* Wayne Pearce, Channel View, Portishead (45). Theft: community order and ordered to pay £434.39 compensation, £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
* Patrick Hennessy, Pier Road, Portishead (46). Failure to give information about driver after alleged offence: six penalty points, fined £600 and ordered to pay £620 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
* Peter Sweet, Kennmoor Road, Kenn (74). Driving without due care and attention: six penalty points, fined £250 and ordered to pay £100 compensation, £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge. Driving without valid licence: no separate penalty. Driving without valid test certificate: no separate penalty.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents