IN The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from November 5-14.
* Dean Tilley, Mendip Road, Yatton (44). Five counts of theft and one count of harassment: 20-week prison sentence and ordered to pay £115 victim surcharge.
* Brendon Smith, Kennaway Road, Clevedon (37). Theft: 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £57 compensation.
* Philip Collins, Lower Burlington Road, Portishead (26). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 24 months. Dangerous driving: six-month suspended prison sentence and ordered to pay £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge.
* Wayne Pearce, Channel View, Portishead (45). Theft: community order and ordered to pay £434.39 compensation, £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Patrick Hennessy, Pier Road, Portishead (46). Failure to give information about driver after alleged offence: six penalty points, fined £600 and ordered to pay £620 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
* Peter Sweet, Kennmoor Road, Kenn (74). Driving without due care and attention: six penalty points, fined £250 and ordered to pay £100 compensation, £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge. Driving without valid licence: no separate penalty. Driving without valid test certificate: no separate penalty.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 6 Further delays for rail project
- 7 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 8 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 9 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis