In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from April 4-10:
* Terrance Tearall, Mendip Road, Portishead (68). Speeding: three penalty points, fined £100 and ordered to pay £30 victim surcharge.
* Peter Chodera, Spring Rise, Portishead (68). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 40 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Jacob Monaghan, HMP Bristol (29). Driving while disqualified: 12-week prison sentence, disqualified from driving for two years and ordered to pay £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge. Driving without valid insurance: no separate penalty.
* Benedict Giles, no fixed abode (28). Criminal damage: restraining order, fined £80 and ordered to pay £30 compensation, £85 costs and £30 victim services. Failure to surrender to custody: 12-month conditional discharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Zachary Ware, Station Close, Congresbury (18). Possession of class B drug with intent to supply: community order, fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022