In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from April 4-10:
* Terrance Tearall, Mendip Road, Portishead (68). Speeding: three penalty points, fined £100 and ordered to pay £30 victim surcharge.
* Peter Chodera, Spring Rise, Portishead (68). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 40 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Jacob Monaghan, HMP Bristol (29). Driving while disqualified: 12-week prison sentence, disqualified from driving for two years and ordered to pay £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge. Driving without valid insurance: no separate penalty.
* Benedict Giles, no fixed abode (28). Criminal damage: restraining order, fined £80 and ordered to pay £30 compensation, £85 costs and £30 victim services. Failure to surrender to custody: 12-month conditional discharge.
* Zachary Ware, Station Close, Congresbury (18). Possession of class B drug with intent to supply: community order, fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.