Crime prevention at Christmas
ADVICE on crime prevention this Christmas is being given out at Nailsea shopping centre on Saturday.
Local police officers and PCSOs are holding a crime prevention day from 10am-3pm to give people the chance to meet their neighbourhood officers.
Shoppers will be able to ride a police mobility scooter around a small course, meet the police dogs and their handlers and children will be able to play in a mini VW police car.
Avon Fire and Rescue Service will be there, as well as Jason Webb from Webb’s Autos, who will be offering advice on winter tyre checks and number plate screws.
Staff from a local cycle shop will be advising on bike lights, helmets and locks.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Justin Robbie said: “The crime prevention day ties in with the force’s Have the Christmas you Deserve Campaign, as we will be advising our local community on how to stay safe this winter.
“We hope to see as many Nailsea residents there as possible.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
Tips on how to stay safe this winter include locking all doors and windows, leaving the radio on and putting lights on a timer when you are out.
Presents and other valuables should be kept out of sight and away from windows, doors and cat flaps and residents are also advised not to leave packaging on display outside their homes.
When shopping, drivers are advised not to leave gifts or valuables on display in their cars and to make sure vehicles are locked.