In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following court cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse, in St Georges, from October 9-28:
* Stewart Rickman, Potters View, Congresbury (30). Criminal damage: restraining order, community order and ordered to pay £300 compensation and £90 victim surcharge.
* Matthew Langdon, High Street, Portbury (23). Speeding: disqualified from driving for 21 days, fined £750 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £75 victim surcharge.
* Mark Churchill, Mendip Road, Yatton (24). Travelling on train without paying: fined £440 and ordered to pay £23 compensation, £160 costs and £44 victim surcharge.
* Michael Domfeh, Chapel Hill, Clevedon (57). Travelling on train without paying: fined £440 and ordered to pay £4.60 compensation, £160 costs and £44 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Jade Toussaint, no fixed abode (29). Assault: six-month prison sentence. Two counts of assault police officer: three-month prison sentence (consecutive) and ordered to pay £122 victim surcharge. Drunk and disorderly: no separate penalty.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset