In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from October 1-8:
n Lucy Walker, Forth Avenue, Portishead (42). Driving while disqualified: six penalty points, community order, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £90 victim surcharge. Driving without valid insurance: no separate penalty.
n Glenn Pigden, Kingsway, Portishead (57). Speeding: five penalty points, fined £227 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
n Ryan Walsh, Walton Down, Walton-in-Gordano (28). Driving without insurance: disqualified from driving for six months, fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
n Ashley Hall, no fixed abode (18). Threat of criminal damage: community order and ordered to pay £85 costs and £90 victim surcharge. Threatening behaviour: community order.
n Lorraine Wightman, Station Close, Congresbury (56). Failure to provide breathalyser sample after suspected offence: disqualified from driving for 40 months, community order and ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge. Assault by beating: community order. Threatening behaviour: community order. Assault police officer: community order.
Bailey Douglas, Cobley Croft, Clevedon (23). Failed to stop after accident: six penalty points, fined £232 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £32 victim surcharge.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 5 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 6 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns