In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following court cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse near Weston-super-Mare from May 9-16:
* Jason Bailey, Hillside Road, Portishead (29). Driving while disqualified: 16-week prison sentence, disqualified from driving for 27 months and ordered to pay £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge. Driving without valid insurance and failing to stop when told by police: no separate penalty
* Lee Bailey, Park Road, Congresbury (26). Speeding: Disqualified from driving for six months, fined £660 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £66 victim surcharge.
* Aleron Dear, Nailsea Park, Nailsea (19). Fail to comply with community protection notice: absolute discharge.
* Martin Fey, Gooseham Mead, Congresbury (58). Speeding: six penalty points, fined £301 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* James Pike, Wareham Close, Nailsea (53). Speeding: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £231 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Daniel Lewis, Eastway, Nailsea (23). Speeding: disqualified from driving for six months, fined £96 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
- 1 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 2 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 3 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 4 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
- 5 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 6 Portishead Tennis Club to host open day on new courts
- 7 Clevedon Town announce retained list as Davies, Kemsley and Babington depart
- 8 Clevedon Town arrange 2022-23 pre-season programme
- 9 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 10 First Bus and Stagecoach reps to face Portishead residents in meeting
* Wayne Pearce, Channel View Road, Portishead (45). Three counts of theft: community order and ordered to pay £539.14 compensation.
* Edward Ryder-Smith, Westbourne Avenue, Clevedon (25). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 40 months, fined £300 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge. Driving vehicle declared off the road: fined £255.
* Andrew Wogan, Old Church Road, Clevedon (57). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 20 months, fined £208 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.