In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following court cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse near Weston-super-Mare from May 9-16:
* Jason Bailey, Hillside Road, Portishead (29). Driving while disqualified: 16-week prison sentence, disqualified from driving for 27 months and ordered to pay £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge. Driving without valid insurance and failing to stop when told by police: no separate penalty
* Lee Bailey, Park Road, Congresbury (26). Speeding: Disqualified from driving for six months, fined £660 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £66 victim surcharge.
* Aleron Dear, Nailsea Park, Nailsea (19). Fail to comply with community protection notice: absolute discharge.
* Martin Fey, Gooseham Mead, Congresbury (58). Speeding: six penalty points, fined £301 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* James Pike, Wareham Close, Nailsea (53). Speeding: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £231 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Daniel Lewis, Eastway, Nailsea (23). Speeding: disqualified from driving for six months, fined £96 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
* Wayne Pearce, Channel View Road, Portishead (45). Three counts of theft: community order and ordered to pay £539.14 compensation.
* Edward Ryder-Smith, Westbourne Avenue, Clevedon (25). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 40 months, fined £300 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge. Driving vehicle declared off the road: fined £255.
* Andrew Wogan, Old Church Road, Clevedon (57). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 20 months, fined £208 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.