In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following court cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse near Weston-super-Mare from May 9-16:
* Jason Bailey, Hillside Road, Portishead (29). Driving while disqualified: 16-week prison sentence, disqualified from driving for 27 months and ordered to pay £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge. Driving without valid insurance and failing to stop when told by police: no separate penalty
* Lee Bailey, Park Road, Congresbury (26). Speeding: Disqualified from driving for six months, fined £660 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £66 victim surcharge.
* Aleron Dear, Nailsea Park, Nailsea (19). Fail to comply with community protection notice: absolute discharge.
* Martin Fey, Gooseham Mead, Congresbury (58). Speeding: six penalty points, fined £301 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* James Pike, Wareham Close, Nailsea (53). Speeding: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £231 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Daniel Lewis, Eastway, Nailsea (23). Speeding: disqualified from driving for six months, fined £96 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 9 Protest to take place against 'dangerous' policing bill
- 10 Weston MP wants 'justice' from Boris Johnson Downing Street party probe
* Wayne Pearce, Channel View Road, Portishead (45). Three counts of theft: community order and ordered to pay £539.14 compensation.
* Edward Ryder-Smith, Westbourne Avenue, Clevedon (25). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 40 months, fined £300 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge. Driving vehicle declared off the road: fined £255.
* Andrew Wogan, Old Church Road, Clevedon (57). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 20 months, fined £208 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.