Care workers enter pleas to neglect charges
- Credit: Archant
CARE workers accused of mistreating an elderly woman at a home in Wraxall appeared in court on Friday.
Tomasz Gidaszewski, Janusz Salnikow and Daniel Baynes were charged in September in relation to the ill treatment and neglect of Gladys Wright, a resident at the Granary Care Centre in Lodge Lane.
A family member placed a hidden camera in her room and it had recorded footage of the three men allegedly physically and mentally abusing her.
On Friday, all three appeared at Bristol Crown Court to enter pleas.
Gidaszewski, aged 29 of Biddisham Close, Nailsea, pleaded not guilty to one count of being a carer who ill treated / wilfully neglected a person without mental capacity.
You may also want to watch:
Salnikow, aged 25 of Greenway Park, Bristol, pleaded not guilty to three similar counts.
Baynes, aged 24, of Vineyards, Bath, pleaded guilty to one count of theft. He was also charged with three counts of being a carer who ill treated / wilfully neglected a person without mental capacity, two of which he pleaded guilty to and one to which he pleaded not guilty.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
They will appear at crown court later this month before a trial date is set.