Care workers enter pleas to neglect charges
- Credit: Archant
CARE workers accused of mistreating an elderly woman at a home in Wraxall appeared in court on Friday.
Tomasz Gidaszewski, Janusz Salnikow and Daniel Baynes were charged in September in relation to the ill treatment and neglect of Gladys Wright, a resident at the Granary Care Centre in Lodge Lane.
A family member placed a hidden camera in her room and it had recorded footage of the three men allegedly physically and mentally abusing her.
On Friday, all three appeared at Bristol Crown Court to enter pleas.
Gidaszewski, aged 29 of Biddisham Close, Nailsea, pleaded not guilty to one count of being a carer who ill treated / wilfully neglected a person without mental capacity.
You may also want to watch:
Salnikow, aged 25 of Greenway Park, Bristol, pleaded not guilty to three similar counts.
Baynes, aged 24, of Vineyards, Bath, pleaded guilty to one count of theft. He was also charged with three counts of being a carer who ill treated / wilfully neglected a person without mental capacity, two of which he pleaded guilty to and one to which he pleaded not guilty.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 4 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 5 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 6 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 10 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
They will appear at crown court later this month before a trial date is set.