Care workers enter pleas to neglect charges
- Credit: Archant
CARE workers accused of mistreating an elderly woman at a home in Wraxall appeared in court on Friday.
Tomasz Gidaszewski, Janusz Salnikow and Daniel Baynes were charged in September in relation to the ill treatment and neglect of Gladys Wright, a resident at the Granary Care Centre in Lodge Lane.
A family member placed a hidden camera in her room and it had recorded footage of the three men allegedly physically and mentally abusing her.
On Friday, all three appeared at Bristol Crown Court to enter pleas.
Gidaszewski, aged 29 of Biddisham Close, Nailsea, pleaded not guilty to one count of being a carer who ill treated / wilfully neglected a person without mental capacity.
You may also want to watch:
Salnikow, aged 25 of Greenway Park, Bristol, pleaded not guilty to three similar counts.
Baynes, aged 24, of Vineyards, Bath, pleaded guilty to one count of theft. He was also charged with three counts of being a carer who ill treated / wilfully neglected a person without mental capacity, two of which he pleaded guilty to and one to which he pleaded not guilty.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village
- 10 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
They will appear at crown court later this month before a trial date is set.