Crime prevention advice issued after burglaries in North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Police are asking people to report any suspicious activity they encounter following a number of burglaries last week in Kenn and Yatton.
Properties in Kenn Street, Wemberham Lane and Horsecastle Close were broken into on December 13 and 14.
Police are treating the four incidents as potentially linked.
Items stolen include jewellery and cash. CCTV and house-to-house enquiries are ongoing.
PCSO Gary Knox said: “The local neighbourhood team is aware of these burglaries and we will have officers patrolling the streets to provide reassurance and to identify any potential suspects.
“We’d like to take the opportunity though to remind people to do what they can to make sure their property is secured.
"That includes ensuring outbuildings remain locked, no doors or windows are left unlocked overnight or when the property is empty and that people consider having a burglar alarm installed.”
- 1 First Bus and Stagecoach reps to face Portishead residents in meeting
- 2 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 3 Herd of model baby elephants complete 400-mile journey to Noah's Ark Zoo
- 4 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 5 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 6 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 7 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 8 New balls for North Somerset rugby club - from car giant Honda
- 9 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 10 Individual, large detached bungalow in Nailsea hillside
Anyone with information about the burglaries should call 101 and give reference number 5221292535.
Further crime prevention advice is available on the police website at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/crime-prevention-advice/protecting-your-home-and-property/