Yatton man beat up teenager in Bristol
- Credit: Archant
A Yatton man has been told to pay £400 in compensation to a Bristol teenager he beat up on a night out.
Kyle Gibson, of Binhay Road, was sentenced on Friday after admitting to assaulting Ben Jennings in Park Street on May 7.
After leaving the SWX nightclub, he attacked the 19-year-old, leaving Mr Jennings with facial injuries, a black eye and multiple cuts.
Mr Jennings required hospital treatment.
Gibson, aged 22, was due to stand trial yesterday (Tuesday) as police initially believed the attack was motivated by homophobia, but the Crown Prosecution Service accepted this was not the case.
You may also want to watch:
Gibson was ordered to carry out 80 hours of community service over the next 12 months.
Luke Sheppard, of Downside Road in Backwell, was due to face one count of causing alarm to Mr Jennings but the case was dropped before being heard at Bristol Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 10 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street