Yatton man beat up teenager in Bristol
- Credit: Archant
A Yatton man has been told to pay £400 in compensation to a Bristol teenager he beat up on a night out.
Kyle Gibson, of Binhay Road, was sentenced on Friday after admitting to assaulting Ben Jennings in Park Street on May 7.
After leaving the SWX nightclub, he attacked the 19-year-old, leaving Mr Jennings with facial injuries, a black eye and multiple cuts.
Mr Jennings required hospital treatment.
Gibson, aged 22, was due to stand trial yesterday (Tuesday) as police initially believed the attack was motivated by homophobia, but the Crown Prosecution Service accepted this was not the case.
You may also want to watch:
Gibson was ordered to carry out 80 hours of community service over the next 12 months.
Luke Sheppard, of Downside Road in Backwell, was due to face one count of causing alarm to Mr Jennings but the case was dropped before being heard at Bristol Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project