Yatton man beat up teenager in Bristol
- Credit: Archant
A Yatton man has been told to pay £400 in compensation to a Bristol teenager he beat up on a night out.
Kyle Gibson, of Binhay Road, was sentenced on Friday after admitting to assaulting Ben Jennings in Park Street on May 7.
After leaving the SWX nightclub, he attacked the 19-year-old, leaving Mr Jennings with facial injuries, a black eye and multiple cuts.
Mr Jennings required hospital treatment.
Gibson, aged 22, was due to stand trial yesterday (Tuesday) as police initially believed the attack was motivated by homophobia, but the Crown Prosecution Service accepted this was not the case.
Gibson was ordered to carry out 80 hours of community service over the next 12 months.
Luke Sheppard, of Downside Road in Backwell, was due to face one count of causing alarm to Mr Jennings but the case was dropped before being heard at Bristol Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 6 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 7 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Doctors surgery to get revamp