Yatton man beat up teenager in Bristol
- Credit: Archant
A Yatton man has been told to pay £400 in compensation to a Bristol teenager he beat up on a night out.
Kyle Gibson, of Binhay Road, was sentenced on Friday after admitting to assaulting Ben Jennings in Park Street on May 7.
After leaving the SWX nightclub, he attacked the 19-year-old, leaving Mr Jennings with facial injuries, a black eye and multiple cuts.
Mr Jennings required hospital treatment.
Gibson, aged 22, was due to stand trial yesterday (Tuesday) as police initially believed the attack was motivated by homophobia, but the Crown Prosecution Service accepted this was not the case.
You may also want to watch:
Gibson was ordered to carry out 80 hours of community service over the next 12 months.
Luke Sheppard, of Downside Road in Backwell, was due to face one count of causing alarm to Mr Jennings but the case was dropped before being heard at Bristol Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 3 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 4 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans