Crews tackle barn fire
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS from Nailsea, Clevedon and Portishead have extinguished a blaze in a barn.
Four crews were called to the incident in Back Lane, Kingston Seymour, at about 1.45pm this afternoon (Thurs).
The barn contained a large amount of hay and straw as well as farm equipment.
As a precaution, farm staff moved 60 calves to safety from a second barn adjacent to the fire.
Firefighters in breathing apparatus used jets to try to extinguish the flames and prevent them from spreading to other nearby buildings.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the blaze is believed to have been accidental.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 4 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 5 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 6 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 7 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 8 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 9 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 10 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts