Crews put out kitchen fire

FIRE crews put out a blaze at a home in North Somerset last night (Mon).

Avon Fire and Rescue was called at about 8.18pm to reports of a fire at a house in Mendip Road, Yatton.

Two fire crews from Weston and one from Clevedon attended the scene and found a fire in the kitchen area of the house.

Using a high pressure hose reel and breathing apparatus they managed to put out the blaze.

One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.