Crews called to bedroom fire

A WOMAN had to be rescued by firefighters in Portishead yesterday (Sat).

Two fire engines from the town’s fire station were called to a house in Malin Parade at 8.10pm to reports of a fire in a first floor bedroom.

They guided the woman to safety and used high pressure hose reels and wore breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames.

The fire was caused accidentally.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter