Busy road near M5 junction closed after ‘serious collision’
- Credit: Google Street View
A busy road has been closed approaching the M5 after a ‘serious collision’ this morning (Wednesday).
The A369 Martcombe Road in Easton-in-Gordano has been closed in both directions after a car crashed into a tree at around 6.45am.
It ended up on its roof and the driver, who was released from the vehicle, is receiving treatment.
The road leads to Junction 19 on the M5 and Highways England is advising people to allow extra time for their journey.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: “The incident happened at about 6.45am when the car, which was travelling along the A369 towards the Junction 19 roundabout at Gordano, left the road and collided with a tree.”
You may also want to watch:
“It has been closed while emergency services deal with the incident.
“Motorists who usually use the A369 to travel to the M5 from Bristol are advised to expect lengthy delays and if possible find alternative routes.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits
- 9 Further delays for rail project