Crash closes M5
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS had to free three people from a car following a crash on the M5 yesterday evening (Thurs).
The incident, which involved two vehicles, happened at about 6.15pm between junction 19 for Portishead and 20 for Clevedon on the southbound carriageway.
It resulted in all three lanes of traffic being closed for almost two hours, with drivers only able to use the hard shoulder.
Fire crews from Avonmouth and Pill attended the scene and used hydraulic cutting equipment to release three people from one of the cars.
It is understood no one suffered serious injuries in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters left the scene at just before 8pm.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset