Who's been in the dock?
PUBLISHED: 12:00 23 October 2010
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between September 16 - October 6:
● Mark Poursain (37), of Hope House, Pill. Assault: Sent to prison for 12 weeks. Breach of suspended sentence: Sent to prison for six weeks (consecutive).
● Peter Wall (46), of Summerhouse, Tickenham. Assault: One-year community order, ordered to pay £85 costs.
● Marcus Dunkerton (28), of Kenn Moor Drive, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined £250 and banned from driving for 18 months. Failure to stop after an accident: Fined £160 plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
● Ian Harper (30), of Down Road, Portishead. Fraud: One-year community order, with requirement to carry out 80 hours’ unpaid community work. Theft: No separate penalty.
● Samuel Macdonald (18), of Brinsea Road, Congresbury. Two counts of arson: One-year community sentence, ordered to pay £400 compensation plus £85 costs.
● Kevin Murphy (35), of The Grove, Wraxall. Criminal damage: 12-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £85 costs.
● Mary Vauden (53), of Stonebridge, Clevedon. Assault: One day’s detention.
● Ian Fordham (39), of Porlock Close, Weston. Drink-driving: Fined £100 plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months.
● Kevin Arnold (37), of Wemberham Crescent, Yatton. Assault occasioning actual bodily harm: Six months in prison, suspended for 24 months, ordered to pay £175 compensation plus £85 costs.
● Robert Jones (65), of Broadcroft Avenue, Claverham. Drink-driving: Three-month community order with six-month curfew, ordered to pay £85 costs and banned from driving for three years. Assaulting a police officer: No separate penalty. Assault: No separate penalty.
● Joseph Gibbs (23) of Hyatts Wood Road, Backwell. Aggravated vehicle taking: Sent to prison for 17 weeks. Drink-driving: Banned from driving for 20 months. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty.