Couple will slog it out for charity
A COURSE of muddy bogs and unforgiving terrain will be taken on by a husband and wife from Wraxall all in the name of charity.
Debbie and Mike Russell of Green Pastures Road will take part in the eight-and-a-half-mile Easy Runner Sodbury Slog to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Debbie, aged 46, and 42-year-old Mike will join 1,300 other runners in Chipping Sodbury to take on the challenge on November 11 and hope to raise �200 in sponsorship – enough to pay for a Macmillan nurse for a day.
The nurses help people living with cancer and their families to receive essential medical, practical and emotional support.
Debbie, who works for HSBC said: “We have raised money for various charities in the past, including Macmillan but, this seemed like something a little different and hopefully a shorter pain experience than when we ran a marathon together.
You may also want to watch:
“Although having started training only in the past few weeks, our marathon days feel like a very long time ago. We are relying on the fun element of the mud and a lot of spectator cheering to get us to the finishing line.”
Anyone wishing to take part in the challenge to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support should call Sadie Moore on 07834 192243 or visit www.sodburyslog.co.uk
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?