Couple return home for golden party
A HAPPY couple from North Somerset celebrated their golden wedding anniversary surrounded by family and friends.
Eddie and Patricia Lock (nee Wakerley) enjoyed a special party at Grove Sports Centre in Nailsea, organised by their daughter Katharine.
Eddie, from Nailsea, met his Westonian wife-to-be when he attended a Christmas party at the Winter Gardens in Weston in 1959.
The party was organised by Hales Cakes in Clevedon, where Patricia worked along with Eddie’s sisters and aunt.
The couple then embarked on a long distance relationship, making regular train trips to see each other, before tying the knot at Corpus Christi Church in Weston in 1962 and moving to Nailsea.
You may also want to watch:
Eddie and Patricia have three children, Kieron, Katharine and Paula, and one grandchild, Jessica, aged three.
The pair, both aged 70, moved to Manchester 23 years ago but still have lots of family and friends in North Somerset - and they decided to return ‘home’ for their party.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
Patricia says she and her husband are like chalk and cheese but thinks the key to marital bliss is spending lots of quality time together.
She said: “We would like to thank everyone who attended and gave us some beautiful gifts and also for the kind staff at the Grove Sports Centre.
“It was really lovely to see everyone, especially our beautiful granddaughter Jessica.”