Could you give some time to your village?
- Credit: Archant
COMMUNITY-MINDED volunteers are being sought to join Pill and Easton-in-Gordano Parish Council.
The council currently only has 10 members and is looking for another five people willing to give up some of their time for the good of the two villages.
Members meet twice a month and most of the work is carried out in small groups.
Among its responsibilities, the parish council represents the views of residents when dealing with other authorities and organisations such as North Somerset Council, The Bristol Port Company, Network Rail and the Environment Agency.
The issues covered by the council can range from potholes to planning applications and speeding to rubbish collections.
You may also want to watch:
Most recently, the council has also provided support to the Pill and District Children and Young People’s Partnership and also worked to avoid an increase in council tax.
Leaflets will be sent out to homes in the area in the hope of attracting more people to become councillors.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
Anyone interested must be aged 21 or above, live or work in the parish and on the electoral roll.
For more details contact the council clerk Julie Smart on 01275 374442.