Village tennis club on the hunt for next star
- Credit: Congresbury Tennis Club
Congresbury Tennis Club has called on people to get active as it looks for the next Emma Raducanu and Andy Murray.
The village's club manager told the Mercury and Times that it has seen a sharp uptick in prospects at the club.
John-Lloyd Hagger said: "At the local level, tennis has benefitted from more people looking to play more and clubs such as Congresbury are thriving.
"It is also inexpensive compared to many sports; the entry point is a membership, a cheap racket is fine to get you started and, although not essential, group sessions at around £10 per hour will accelerate your progress."
An annual membership at Congrebury Club will set you back £120.
Mr Hagger added: "At Congresbury Tennis Club we have a number of for group coaching sessions for adults and for our junior set-up."
Adult beginner sessions take place on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm, followed by a Rusty Rackets improvers course at 7:30pm.
To book a course, visit www.clubspark.lta.org.uk/CongresburyLTC
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 6 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 7 Clevedon Town to play Brxiham after Tavistock thrown out of FA Vase
- 8 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 9 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell RFC maintain perfect start with Bristol Imperial win