Villagers clean up Congresbury
- Credit: Archant
Hard-working villagers gave up their free time to spruce up Congresbury at a spring clean.
A hardy team of dedicated volunteers pitched in on May 4 to tidy up parts of the village in need of a clean as spring turns to summer.
Bags of rubbish were collected, pavements were swept and weeds were removed as the volunteers prepared Congresbury for the summer months.
Staff from North Somerset Council's street cleaning contractor lent a hand on the day, providing cleaning equipment and mucking in with the volunteers.
The cross and its surrounding areas in Broad Street was one of the main places targeted by the clean up.
You may also want to watch:
The spring clean was orchestrated by Congresbury Parish Council and departing chairman Diana Hassan thanked villagers for their efforts.
The authority is looking for new parish councillors with several representatives not standing for re-election.
For more information, log on to www.congresbury-pc.gov.uk
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call