Roadworks scheme to improve two roads will cost £35k
- Credit: Archant
A £35,000 scheme to improve two Congresbury roads will start tonight (Monday).
The works will improve High Street and Brinsea Road and a road closure will be in place on Monday night.
Works will take place from 8pm-6am for up to five nights.
The road will be closed from the junction with Bristol Road through to its junction with Venus Street.
Temporary traffic signals and a lane closure will be in place on the A370 between Station Road and Tesco Express to allow for the work on the junction to be completed safely.
You may also want to watch:
A diversion route will be in place on the A370 towards Bristol, the A4174 South Bristol link and A38 towards Churchill and vice versa.
Cllr James Tonkin, North Somerset Council's executive member with responsibility for roads, said: "We appreciate this is a busy route between the A370 and A38 but we need to complete these essential works.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Clevedon United Girls under-nines pass on thanks to their sponsors
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
"We urge people to be patient during the works."