Comments on new local plan encouraged
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Congresbury Residents Action Group (CRAG) has emailed supporters to highlight North Somerset Council’s latest consultation document linked to the development of a new local plan.
Titled challenges for the future, it invites people to respond to 13 questions and states the council needs to ensure that more than 20,000 homes are built by 2038 – roughly equivalent to two towns the size of Clevedon.
The closing date for comments is September 2.
CRAG chairman Mary Short and secretary Viv Tomkinson said: “We feel it would not be appropriate for CRAG to respond to this consultation process as it is focused on seeking individual responses.
“Plus, we feel that it is important for individual responses to be made to demonstrate where there is strength of opinion about certain issues.”
You may also want to watch:
To comment, log on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/newlocalplan
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'