Post Office reopens after full refit
- Credit: Post Office
Congresbury Post Office has re-opened after a full refurbishment of the store by the new postmaster, Ashish Bhoyar.
The premises in The Precinct, Brinsea Road, underwent a two-week refit.
The modernised Post Office and store will now be open for 46 hours of Post Office services a week.
The previous postmaster, Jagtar Seehra, and his wife Sukhvinder, who had run their village Post Office for nearly 35 years, retired.
Congresbury Post Office is now a new-style local branch with Post Office services provided alongside the retail counter.
The opening hours of this store is Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm; Saturday: 9am – 1pm. This means that the branch no longer closes at lunchtime.
Scott Lacey, Post Office network lead, said: “We are delighted to have a new Postmaster for Congresbury after the retirement of the popular, long-serving postmaster.
- 1 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
- 2 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 3 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
- 4 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 Clevedon Choral is digging deep for new members this autumn
- 6 Skate park fundraiser reaches £27,000 - but needs YOUR help
- 7 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 8 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Weather warning issued for thunderstorms across Somerset
"The new-look shop looks great and it is now open longer hours for the convenience of customers.”