Competition: Festival of music and sport with Jools Holland
JOOLS Holland and a host of top talent will perform at a festival in Bath held to coincide with the Olympics - and you could win tickets.
The Sulis Sound Track Festival will see television music maestro Jools Holland and his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra perform with special guests Marc Almond, Vintage Trouble, The Skints and the Matt Schofield Trio at Bath Racecourse later this month.
Inspired by the London 2012 Olympic Games, the festival will also invite people of all ages to take part in a range of sport.
Jools Holland and his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra recently sold out the Royal Albert Hall in London and play to more than 200,000 people a year.
Classic rock band Vintage Trouble are arguably one of the hottest live bands in the world, while The Skints are an up-and-coming ska and reggae band and the Matt Schofield Trio specialise in the blues.
You may also want to watch:
The not-for-profit event will also aim to raise money to replace some of the oldest buildings at the Royal United Hospital in Bath.
The festival will take place at Bath Racecourse on July 21 from 11am onwards.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
Tickets, priced �16-�34, with a family ticket for two adults and two children costing �70, are available by calling 01225 463 362 or by going to www.bathboxoffice.org.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with the Sulis Sound Track Festival to offer two lucky readers the chance to win a pair of family tickets to the festival.
To enter, simply answer the following question: Which capital city is hosting the 2012 Olympic Games?
Enter by clicking the link in the top right corner of the page before 9am on July 16.
Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.