Colouring contest winners
BUDDING artist Ellie Worgan fought off stiff competition to win a colouring contest organised by the Portishead Railway Group.
At Portishead Flower Show in July, youngsters were invited to colour a picture which had been created using an original photograph of a train at Portishead station.
Ellie, aged eight from Clevedon was awarded two tickets for a ride on the Avon Valley Railway for her efforts in the eight to 11 category.
Four-year-old Annie Gradwell came first in the four to seven-year-olds’ contest.
Annie who lives in Hong Kong, says she will use the tickets awarded to her when she returns to Portishead to visit her grandmother again later in the year.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was organised to raise awareness among young people, of the campaign to reopen the Portishead to Bristol railway line.
Details about the Portishead Railway Group can be found at www.portisheadrailwaygroup.org or visit their Facebook page.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway