Colouring contest winners
BUDDING artist Ellie Worgan fought off stiff competition to win a colouring contest organised by the Portishead Railway Group.
At Portishead Flower Show in July, youngsters were invited to colour a picture which had been created using an original photograph of a train at Portishead station.
Ellie, aged eight from Clevedon was awarded two tickets for a ride on the Avon Valley Railway for her efforts in the eight to 11 category.
Four-year-old Annie Gradwell came first in the four to seven-year-olds’ contest.
Annie who lives in Hong Kong, says she will use the tickets awarded to her when she returns to Portishead to visit her grandmother again later in the year.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was organised to raise awareness among young people, of the campaign to reopen the Portishead to Bristol railway line.
Details about the Portishead Railway Group can be found at www.portisheadrailwaygroup.org or visit their Facebook page.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 5 Camera club wants new members to join
- 6 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town