Coffee mornings’ charity cash
COFFEE mornings across North Somerset are expected to have raised thousands-of-pounds for MacMillan Cancer Support.
Numerous events took place on Friday as part of the annual fundraising day, which aims to achieve the biggest coffee morning in the world while raising cash for the charity.
The newly-revamped youth centre in Portishead held a coffee morning while allowing members of the public to preview its new facilities.
St Peter’s Primary School spent two hours serving coffee and cakes and a raffle helped take the total raised to more than �300.
Essensuals Hairdressing in Portishead High Street raised �100 by selling tea, coffee, biscuits and cakes.
Meanwhile other events included coffee served all day at The Poacher pub, a table top sale and charity coffee morning at Portbury Village Community Caf� and a coffee morning with raffle at Tonic Hair and Beauty House.
Events in Clevedon included coffee mornings at the Christadelphian Hall in Coleridge Vale Road North and The Barn youth centre in Great Western Road.
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Village to host first ever season of live events