Coffee mornings’ charity cash
COFFEE mornings across North Somerset are expected to have raised thousands-of-pounds for MacMillan Cancer Support.
Numerous events took place on Friday as part of the annual fundraising day, which aims to achieve the biggest coffee morning in the world while raising cash for the charity.
The newly-revamped youth centre in Portishead held a coffee morning while allowing members of the public to preview its new facilities.
St Peter’s Primary School spent two hours serving coffee and cakes and a raffle helped take the total raised to more than �300.
Essensuals Hairdressing in Portishead High Street raised �100 by selling tea, coffee, biscuits and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile other events included coffee served all day at The Poacher pub, a table top sale and charity coffee morning at Portbury Village Community Caf� and a coffee morning with raffle at Tonic Hair and Beauty House.
Events in Clevedon included coffee mornings at the Christadelphian Hall in Coleridge Vale Road North and The Barn youth centre in Great Western Road.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 4 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 5 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 6 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 7 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up