Coffee mornings’ charity cash
COFFEE mornings across North Somerset are expected to have raised thousands-of-pounds for MacMillan Cancer Support.
Numerous events took place on Friday as part of the annual fundraising day, which aims to achieve the biggest coffee morning in the world while raising cash for the charity.
The newly-revamped youth centre in Portishead held a coffee morning while allowing members of the public to preview its new facilities.
St Peter’s Primary School spent two hours serving coffee and cakes and a raffle helped take the total raised to more than �300.
Essensuals Hairdressing in Portishead High Street raised �100 by selling tea, coffee, biscuits and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile other events included coffee served all day at The Poacher pub, a table top sale and charity coffee morning at Portbury Village Community Caf� and a coffee morning with raffle at Tonic Hair and Beauty House.
Events in Clevedon included coffee mornings at the Christadelphian Hall in Coleridge Vale Road North and The Barn youth centre in Great Western Road.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway