Clock unveiled in Nick’s memory
A CLOCK has been unveiled at the newly-opened Portishead Library in memory of a former councillor.
Portishead Town Council has provided the clock in memory of Nick Brown who died in 2006.
The council would normally purchase and install a bench to commemorate past councillors, but Nick had made no secret of his dislike for this practice and so it was agreed to provide a clock on this occasion, once the new library was in place.
Councillors felt the location was ideal to reflect the late councillors interest in youth work and his activities as a member of the library working party within the council.
Cllr Brown’s widow and children will be invited to the official opening of the Harbour Road library next month.
You may also want to watch:
Town clerk, Martin Dolton said: “The town council is delighted that at last it has been possible to mark Nick’s council work in this way.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships