Clock unveiled in Nick’s memory
A CLOCK has been unveiled at the newly-opened Portishead Library in memory of a former councillor.
Portishead Town Council has provided the clock in memory of Nick Brown who died in 2006.
The council would normally purchase and install a bench to commemorate past councillors, but Nick had made no secret of his dislike for this practice and so it was agreed to provide a clock on this occasion, once the new library was in place.
Councillors felt the location was ideal to reflect the late councillors interest in youth work and his activities as a member of the library working party within the council.
Cllr Brown’s widow and children will be invited to the official opening of the Harbour Road library next month.
You may also want to watch:
Town clerk, Martin Dolton said: “The town council is delighted that at last it has been possible to mark Nick’s council work in this way.”
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 8 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town