Clevedon Lions begin Tree of Light campaign
- Credit: Contributed
Clevedon’s Tree of Light has been switched on.
The tree can be found at the Baptist church in Queens Square and was lit up by RE:MISSION trustee Terry Mears.
This year’s campaign will raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust and the Stroke Association.
Members of the Clevedon Lions Club will be at the church to help anyone wanting to place a star in the name of a loved one on the tree every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10am to noon until December 17.
Donations of at least £5 are requested.
MORE: Download a Tree of Light application formMore than £1,000 was by last year’s tree of light for the Gordano Valley Leg Club and Bristol hospitals’ charity Above And Beyond.
You may also want to watch:
Forms can also be sent to: Lions Club of Clevedon, Apartment 222, The Hawthorns, Elton Road, Clevedon, BS21 7EH.
For more information, click here.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 10 Further delays for rail project