Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- Credit: Clevedon Town Council
Festive lights will be put up across Clevedon to brighten people's spirits in the run up to Christmas.
On Saturday, Clevedon Town Council will be leading the Christmas lights switch-on, with the lights being turned on at 5pm.
Carols and singing by the Salvation Army Band and Clevedon A Capella will take place on the stage area in the Queens Square prior to this.
Clevedon Business Independent District (BID) has worked with local businesses to decorate the town centre this year.
A BID spokesman said: "Get into the spirit of Christmas in Queen Square. As it gets dark, thoughts turn to the festive Christmas lights, the green, red and white lights sparkling in the evening light."
Town centre traders welcome visitors and residents alike to browse their shops in the lead up to the event and throughout the Christmas period.
- 1 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 2 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 3 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 4 Festival date change due to Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations
- 5 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 6 Meet Clevedon's newest children's author
- 7 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 8 Wurzels return to Cadbury House for pre-Christmas West Country knees up
- 9 Art gallery to host 'Clevedon artist of the year'
- 10 Portishead Players ready for Christmas show