Running club to take part in charity run for children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
Members of a beginners’ running club will don their Santa hats to raise money for a children’s charity.
Sarah Miller set up Walkfit Runfit in Clevedon to encourage people to get active and help reduce their stress levels.
Sara and her partner Tom are now hoping to put their prodigies to the test in the 2km Santas On The Run event in Bristol.
The event on December 9 will see them raise money for Children’s Hospice South West.
Sarah said: “We all know change is hard. We get set in our ways and get caught in a cycle which seems harder and harder to break out of.
You may also want to watch:
“I understand these difficulties and found a brisk walk helped me deal with the stresses and strains of life.”
She set up the group to help others like herself and to encourage health and social interaction.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 7 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
To get involved with the Santas On The Run event or with Walkfit Runfit, call 07925 574881 or email email@example.com