Clevedon Rotary raise more than £1,000 in Christmas raffle
- Credit: Clevedon Yeo Rotary
A club in Clevedon raised money for good causes in an annual Christmas raffle.
Clevedon Yeo Rotary held a festive hamper raffle to raise funds for local charitable causes this week with the help of the Tesco store in town.
Tickets sold out very quickly with more than £1,000 raised over three days.
Club president, Bob Sprange, said the annual event was a 'tremendous success' for the area.
He added: "It's been a challenging time for charity organisations since the pandemic started, but the local support was fantastic again.
"We have also embraced new technology with card payments being accepted for tickets for the first time.
"We are tremendously proud of the efforts of our members and a few key supporters."
- 1 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 2 Covid cases rise: 1-in-30 estimated to be positive
- 3 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 4 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 5 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 8 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 9 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 10 First Bus and Stagecoach reps to face Portishead residents in meeting
The club also assisted in stewarding more than 20 vaccination hubs throughout the year and members have recently given another substantial donation to the local Foodbank.