Clevedon Pier share scheme set for launch
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon Pier’s much-anticipated community share offer is set to be launched on August 14, which it is hoped will help secure the historic attraction for future generations.
Shares will cost £1 each, with a minimum investment of £150.
Shareholders will be able to enjoy a number of benefits, including free access to the attraction during normal opening hours. People will also be able to buy as many shares as they want.
More than 500 people have already registered their interest in the initiative, which aims to raise about £500,000, to complete the new visitor centre and finance the upgraded pier facilities.
Simon Talbot-Ponsonby, chairman of the Clevedon Pier and Heritage Trust, said: “The launch of our new share offer is a major milestone in the pier’s history.
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised will help to ensure that the pier is nurtured and cherished for future generations.”
The new visitor centre, which has cost about £2.25million, will include a top-level viewing platform, education facility and tea room.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
The majority of cash for the project has come from a £720,000 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund and a total of £750,000 from the Coastal Communities Fund. Clevedon Town Council donated £30,000 while £50,000 has come as part of a planning agreement from the redevelopment of the adjacent Royal Pier Hotel into luxury apartments.
To register your interest in signing up to the community share scheme, email firstname.lastname@example.org